The Royal City PATIALA


Being daughter of a government employee, one gets used to adapting in a new place every three or four years. This aptly explains twelve years of my schooling completed from six diff cities. Ironically college was the only place where I stayed for four years continuously. Though it has cons of searching for friends every time, but this bought me close to works of great art like books. But it brings you closer to your family , tying you in a beautiful bond which only gets stronger with time.

Of all the cities I have been to, Patiala is my favorite. Papa was posted to the royal city when I was amidst 9th standard.  I was beyond furious. How could they transfer him in mid of most important classes of school. I did not want to go, but did I have a choice?

Alas we came to this city after dad confirmed flat and i and my brother got admission in the prestigious DAV Public School, Patiala. Out of the three rivals Budhha dal, Lady Fatima & DAV, my parents decided to put us in DAV. In evidently this city gave me lots of memories. My first crush, my love for maths, friends for life and making me realize that engineering is what I want to do.
 
#DAV Public School Patiala, storehouse of incredible memories ;)

The way this royal city has been designed is to be awed for. The impeccable designs of kothis , lush green parks in each block and how clean this city was in comparison to the last city I was in. It was like I am breathing fresh air after years. It being near to shimla, the weather is always pleasant.          I fell in love with the design of this city.
 

Being near to the capital city Chandigarh, wide roads connect it to other cities. It is the main connecting point to all the major cities of Punjab, be it Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Bathinda or Amritsar. Most of the trains from Delhi up north or from Jammu to south, enroot Rajpura as major station which is half hour drive from Patiala. You can reach Chandigarh airport within 2 hours from Patiala. Thus overall giving Patiala very good connectivity by road, rail & air.
Roads within the city are well planned of. Bypass are there to keep outside traffic out of the city. Flyovers in every locality make sure that city stays away from traffic jams.  All markets are connected by four lane wide roads. Traffic police is present at every red light always, so you can not dare to break any rules and thus staying away from accident.
 
Apart from Patiala suits & Patiala peg, it is also famous for Gurdwara Dukhniwaran Sahib. Even when I pass by it, I feel vibrant energy inside me. when ever I visit, I feel more energized and fresh.
 

Overall it is a peaceful beautiful city. You will always feel royalty oozing out whenever you visit it. A calm city with all facilities, very good connectivity, awesome design & smooth drive really making it THE ROYAL CITY.

 And did I tell you dad has been again posted back to Patiala and I being working in Noida can reach home within three hours every weekend. Oh YES ;)

http://madeofgreat.tatamotors.com/

Comments