Stereotyping Women Empowerment

Recently I visited a grocery store to stock up fruits for the week. The store is one of my favourite place adorned with colourful fruits, chocolates and what not. Since it is near my office my colleague(lets call him Oreo)  whom I commute with, accompanied me. Obviously I shopped a lot and ended up with a huge bag. Oreo, being the gentleman that he is offered to carry the bag for me. I would have loved to not carry the bag had my dad, brother or the love of my life would have asked, but it didn't seem right to hand it over to him given I don't let random people do things for me. So I politely declined and his response was, "Waah! Women Empowerment." The look on my face was priceless. 
No Sir, being able to carry your bag by yourself doesn't mean empowerment. It simply means you are healthy. 

Similary when the beautiful Meghan Markle got married to Prince Harry, the news got viral on social media. 
" Markle, a divorcee mixed race African American and elder than the Prince is all set to tie the knot. MORE POWER TO YOU GIRL, YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF EMPOWERMENT. "
Then again empowerment doesn't mean whom you marry!! If marrying a prince means empowerment then you have got the concepts all wrong. 

Kaley Cuoco was shamed when she claimed to love cooking a hearty meal for her significant other. People marked her as regressive and against Feminism. The poor girl had to take back her statement. What astonishes me is how cooking for your loved one is against feminism??Feminism is about equality. And letting people do what they want to. If you define set standards for it then you are no different than Patriarchy. 

What I am trying to say here is that women empowerment or feminism is not about treating women differently. Rather it's about letting them do what they want. Treating them as HUMANS, not on basis of their gender. Stereotyping the definition would eventually lead to a world of Matriarchy. It's not about defining how a person wants to live his/her life but rather about how the world sees the person. Is it not on the basis of gender but just considering the person as Human, neither male nor female. Just Human. 



Comments

  1. Sometime i feel that alone lady can manage 10 people's family. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Neuro system includes the brain, nerves, and spinal cord. It is the command center of the body. If you suffer from a small neuro problem, it is essential to consult experts because a minor issue might cause severe injury or permanent damage. Suppose you have symptoms such as abnormal movement and loss of balance. Then it is likely the case that you have a neurological problem. You can get consult from the best Neurologist in Ludhiana at Neurociti Hospital. To learn more, visit our official website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment