Start a new life

After burning CFLs continuously approx 16 hrs average for 2 rigorous years, missing every function in my family and living life of a saint, I managed to bag 13,000 rank in prestigious AIEEE. The feeling was WOW J . Of course it was celebration time. Phone calls from each and every one of my family tree, not to mention long forgotten uncle and aunts (news do spread faster than forest fire in India :D ) ,congratulating my parents for my success. My younger brother was enjoying the unlimited MITHAI supply & my parents were beyond proud of me. I was gifted a brand new Samsung mobile phone, indeed I have done something ;)
Well finally it was time for me to leave “home sweet home” and “ghar ka khaana”. I was somehow holding back my tears because one single drop down and it will be tougher for my parents, but my maa is a brave one.
“Beta, kamayaab bache ghar se door hi rehte h.”
With this boost and a mix of excitement and nervousness I left for college with papa. I have got Instrumentation & Control in NIT Jalandhar in the very first counseling. Oh yes I am NITian.
 We reached NITJ & O MYY MYYY! The campus is so beautiful, green and clean. Being a nature lover so perfect for me.
But being a hostler everything is different. From managing washing my own clothes, mess ka khaana, sharing room with three more girls, waking up by alarm and dealing with everything all by yourself is a daunting task for 18 year old Indian but of course not impossible. It’s amazing how hostel and college life changes a person upside down in every awesome possible way.
Friends I made here are for life, giving six exams in three days mastering how to not sleep for continuous three nights, learning lessons for life, managing huge dinosaur situations to small problems nothing is left inexperienced.
In short college life teaches everyone how to deal with the real world. From being innocent teenagers to confident adults, from looking upto maa- papa for every small situation to dealing with everything by thyself, from being shy in a group of new people to striking up party just after meeting for five minutes, from not knowing a single chore to managing even an emergency crisis NITJ taught me about everything. The more I think about it more I feel obliged.
I am 22 now and currently in final year, and I myself cant recognize me from my pictures of first year. I m an independent strong girl all set to be “Advance control engineer” in #Emerson.
Indeed kamyaab hone k lie ghar se door hi jana padta h.
I love u NIT Jalandhar. Thankyou for everything.
This blog post is for @Housing https://housing.com/.
#StartANewLife

Do watch the housing.com video ad below, its so colorful and another sign of India on a new journey :)

Comments